Holler food and cooking enthusiasts! Today will be BIN (BisayaInManila) kitchen day. I saw this recipe a few weeks ago on television at Rachael Ray and decided to try it out for myself. I only saw the procedures and not the exact recipe so I just made it along as I got by.
1 kilo sweet potatoes (white skinned ones), peeled and cubed
1 piece lemon, zested and juiced
¼ cup honey. Less or more depending on your taste
1 cup stock (chicken or beef)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash your sweet potatoes, peel them up and cut them into cubes
2. Boil them in some water seasoned with a bit of salt.
3. After boiling, rinse the boiled sweet potatoes and be ready to mash them up already with a masher or a fork.
4. Add the stock, lemon juice and lemon zest to the sweet potatoes and continue to mash them up.
5. Add some honey for taste. Add it little by little so your sweet potato will not be overly sweet. Remember that this is supposed to be a savory dish.
6. Season with some salt and pepper.
The consistency of the finished mashed sweet potato should be like that of a regular mashed potato but this will have a savory, sweet and lemony taste which will suit your taste buds. Perfect to pair with roast pork, chicken or even as a side for a beef dish.